car-wash-owning
Unnamed
TalkCarWash Stats: 5702 users, 3553 posts, 14501 replies, 1316 classifieds, 3938 pictures, 2.5 Hours of Video
← Back to Self Serve Car Wash

Basics. Setting up help.

15 replies created 3 months ago
posted by Stick 3 months ago

First off, I'm Stick. Joined this site to maybe get some guidance. Seems the people here a kinda civil, knowledgeable and basically nice. Hopefully I don't get on anyone's nerves, as this is a pretty big project for me. I've been a tech in the hvacr business for over 40 years. I know mechanics.

Well, a deal has presented itself to me that I'm seriously considering, A percentage if I set this thing up and maintain it.

A good customer of mine has a few properties. A restaurant. Gas station. Some retail shops.

And a 4 bay car wash.

The previous owner gutted the place. The utilities are there. Electric only needs to be turned on. Water comes from a well
on premises, that pump is there. Used water goes to the town sewage line.

A complete car was has been bought at auction, maybe a year ago, and has been sitting in a barn just outside of town.
I think it is Oasis equipment.
From what I gather, it was a car wash with one conveyor bay and 4 wand/stick self wash bays.

We are thinking, for starters, just get the 4 bays up with the wands, and worry about the conveyor line later on.

My question, what would the general layout of the equipment, and how would all the pieces tie in together?

I'm going to take a general inventory this week, but after looking at the stuff I can say there is a large air compressor, rack of what looks like pumps, some square tubs, a boiler, some optical stuff and the conveyors.

I'd like to maybe start with placing the big items I need where they will go.

I'm thinking, water from the well, to the pump rack and boiler, with the square tubs with soap and conditioner and wax
tied in somewhere.

I know this is a big request, but any feedback or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thx, Stick.

Replies

reply by Main Street Carwash 3 months ago

What is your number? I can give you some insight. I just reopened a dead wash and I own another that my grandfather built in the early 70's

reply by Stick 3 months ago

Here's a shot of the building

Equipment room

Where pumps used to be

Compressor

Pump rack

Pump rack

Boilrr

Xp

Barrels

Big tank

Dunno

Dunno

Dunno

I think the motor for the touch less pull thru which isn't going in as of yet. We hope to get 2 to 4 bays as first just to get something coming in for starters

Thx for those that contacted me, really is appreciated. Stick

You could leave a reply if you were logged in.
car-wash-operating